Monday, July 28, 2014

Review: Where You'll Find Me by Erin Fletcher

I don't recall where I saw this book from but not a lot of people seem to have read it so I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised and maybe you will be too if you give it a try :)


Where You'll Find Me cover
 Where You'll Find Me
by Erin Fletcher
January 7, 2014
211 pages


Goodreads Summary:
When Hanley Helton discovers a boy living in her garage, she knows she should kick him out. But Nate is too charming to be dangerous. He just needs a place to get away, which Hanley understands. Her own escape methods (vodka, black hair dye, and pretending the past didn't happen) are more traditional, but who is she to judge?

Nate doesn't tell her why he's in her garage, and she doesn't tell him what she's running from. Soon, Hanley's trading her late-night escapades for all-night conversations and stolen kisses. But when Nate's recognized as the missing teen from the news, Hanley isn't sure which is worse: that she's harboring a fugitive, or that she's in love with one.


Review

I didn't think I'd enjoy this book as much as I did but it was good! Albeit the boy-living-in-your-garage bit was a little impossible, it was still fun. It's a quick read but with a meaningful message.

Hanley and Nate both have secrets. Even though she doesn't know anything about the mysterious boy living in her garage, she helps him. The fact that they both have secrets brings them closer together. I think it's safe to say that they did not expect to fall in love but it happened naturally.

I was especially touched that Hanley believed in Nate's innocence when the truth came out. I love that she finally learned to ask for help even if it was to help Nate. She didn't hide and pretend like everything would be okay. She fought hard to stand up for him!! When she finally does open up about her past (her best friend Kayla's suicide), she helped not only Nate but herself too.

The pacing of this book was great and every step building up to the final reveal was logical and flowed smoothly. This is a book that's definitely worth your time.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad this one pleasantly surprised you. I have seen this one around as well and so far it seems most people are really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've heard of it! It's quite good :)

      Delete
  2. This one sounds pretty good and I've read other positive reviews!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...