Tuesday, August 5, 2014

TTT #4: Books I'd Give to Readers who Have Never Read ______!


Top Tep Tuesday button

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish where people share their top ten things according to the topic of that week.


I can't think of ten books that all fit in one genre so I decided to do two genres with five books each. These books are ones that I have really enjoyed and couldn't put down when I was reading them :) Some really surprised me. So here they are in no particular order!

FANTASY:
Graceling coverGrave Mercy coverPoison Study cover
The Assassin's Curse coverStolen Songbird cover

1. Graceling (Graceling Realm series) by Kristin Cashore
2. Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin trilogy) by Robin LaFevers
3. Poison Study (Study series) by Maria V. Snyder
4. The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse duology) by Cassandra Rose Clarke
5. Stolen Songbird (The Malediction trilogy) by Danielle L. Jensen

NEW ADULT:
Something Like Normal coverMaking Faces coverThe Star Thief cover
 Left Drowning coverThe Hazards of Skinny Dipping cover

1. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
2. Making Faces by Amy Harmon
3. The Star Thief by Jamie Grey
4. Left Drowning by Jessica Park

What books would you recommend from any genre?

22 comments:

  1. I love your fantasy list! I've been wanting to read Grave Mercy but somehow keep forgetting about it when I go book shopping =/
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I picked up Grave Mercy last year cause it was on sale at my local bookstore. I devoured it and loved it! I hope you get a chance to get it soon :)

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous question! I love seeing some of my most favorite reads and authors listed! Some of these I still need to read. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read any of the ones I listed and did you enjoy them? :)

      Delete
  3. YES! Poison Study!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that series! Soooooo very excited for the new Study trilogy next year!

    Still have to read Stolen Songbird but it's in my TBR mountain!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited to see Yelena and Valek again!!

      I hope you enjoy Stolen Songbird! I'm really looking forward to Hidden Huntress ;)

      Delete
  4. I've got Grave Mercy in my TBR pile. Haven't read it yet!

    My TTT is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read it soon! I really loved it :)

      Delete
  5. I've read all of your fantasy books and loved every one. Of the five, I think I love Grave Mercy the most. I'm dying to get my hands on the third book in the series. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I can't wait for the third one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Nice combination of genres! I am seeing this Left Drowning book on all kinds of lists today, it must be a good one. I'll have to check it out. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You put Stolen Songbird on your list!!!! I was literally about to do that one instead of Cruel Beauty, because it's somewhat of a Beauty and the Beast retelling!! Love your list! I would also think about adding Throne of Glass to the fantasy category and Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover to the new adult! Phenomenal books if you haven't read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Throne of Glass was actually the first book on my mind but it's been getting a lot of attention so I thought I'd go with something else :) I'm a little scared to read a Colleen Hoover book because I've heard they can be quite intense and emotional. Though, I've been seeing a lot of great reviews on Ugly Love so I think I just might check it out :)

      Delete
  8. I will be checking out some of these New Adult titles :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy them and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. LOVE Grave Mercy but still need to get to Graceling. I love new adult and Something Like Normal is one of my favs. great list :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you let me know your thoughts on Graceling after you've picked it up :)

      Delete
  10. Grave Mercy was just amazing, and I really liked Stolen Songbird. And I The Assassin's Curse is pretty high on my TBR, so I'm glad you liked it. :) Awesome list, and thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by too :) I hope you read The Assassin's Curse soon! We can discuss!!

      Delete
  11. Ooo, I loved GRACELING and GRAVE MERCY--those are such good picks for people who don't normally read fantasy! I'm a sometime-fantasy reader myself, and those definitely worked for me. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you try the other ones too :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...