Thursday, December 4, 2014

‘Bout This Blogger Tag



Cait @ Paper Fury recently switched her blog from Notebook Sisters to Paper Fury and in celebration she made this party game! I thought it would be fun to participate so here are my answers to her ten questions :)
 
1. Why did you start blogging?
To meet other book lovers and to talk about books! Basically I'm surrounded by non-readers in my life. It's so hard when I love a book and have no one to talk to. So I wrote down my thoughts and posted them on Goodreads. Then I discovered booktube and book blogs! Finally I found places where I can nod and agree to what other people thought about the books I read. Then I wanted a more personal space to talk about books so I decided to join the blogging community. So glad I did cause I've met so many awesome people since I then.

2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
Well, I thought about using bookworm but then a lot of sites I visit already use it and I wanted to be more original. I love my cat very much so I thought, why not be a bookcat? People might not know what that is but I'll be the only bookcat right?! Haha~ To add a bit of a personal touch, I added Pin because it's my nickname. Voila, there you have it, BookCatPin!

3. How many designs have you been through since you started blogging? (Pictures! We demand pictures!)
Honestly, none so far. A fellow blogger, Emma @ Star Crossed Reviews, was generous enough to make my banner, buttons and icons when I first started. Since my blog is still fairly new (just under six months), I don't think I'll be changing it anytime soon. I do love the simple look :)

4. Have you ever switched blog platforms? What made you move? If you haven’t ever changed…why?
Again, my blog is still pretty new so I haven't had any thoughts about this. Although I did hear that if you use Blogger, your blog doesn't really belong to you and it can be taken away at any time. That kind of scares me.

5. How long does it take you to write a post? What’s your postly process like?
Depends on what the posts are. I don't use any gifs so that saves me some time but I tend to procrastinate a lot so..... If I don't write a review right after I finish a book, it'll take me a few weeks to get my thoughts down. TTT and WoW posts are generally pretty fast. I upload the pictures, put in the blurb and links and bam I'm done. If only my reviews can be like that. StS posts depend on how much my cat cooperates. He seriously has the shortest attention span. If he absolutely won't look at my camera then it can take ages. I sometimes even enlist my family's help to catch his attention.

6. Have you ever been super nervous about a post? Why?! What was it?
Yes! Only like all the time! I'm anxious if people will even visit my blog. I get super nervous posing reviews because what if I don't make sense? Or what if my font is all weird and the pictures and links don't show up right? There are just too many problems I can think of to torture myself lol.

7. Do you have a blogging schedule?
I have a tentative one that kind of looks like this:
Monday - Review or a Book Promo post
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday - Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday - Review or a Book Promo post
Friday - Feature & Follow
Saturday - Stacking the Shelves
Sunday - Discussion or random post but most likely a day off cause I'm lazy lol

8. Do you tell people In-Real-Life about your blog? Their reactions?
Not really. My family and some of my close friends know but other than that, I don't tell people about my blog. Most people around me don't read so I don't see a point in telling them this about me. The people that do know don't read so they don't have any particular reactions either haha.

9. Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most! Go! Go!
I have so many!! I visit all of these blogs daily even though I may not comment all the time :)

10. If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?
I'd want to make it more fun. I don't know how, maybe start using gifs? But I think I like seeing them in other people's reviews more than using them in mine. Oh and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight had the idea of an ARC Fairy which I think is just brilliant! Can I get one too please? I'm also hoping to share more pictures of my cat~ Sorry if you're not a cat person but I think he's adorable and I hope you think so too~

Ripple~

And those are my answers, thanks for reading! If you want to, please join in on the fun! Cait also has an awesome giveaway going on so make sure you stop by Paper Fury to check it out!

8 comments:

  1. Great fun post, Eileen!! Love learning more about you and your blog. Ah, you're a procrastinator like me...Procrastinators Unite! :D Oh and the lazy Sundays...that's usually what happens to me too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky!! Let's make Sunday our Unite day loll~

      Delete
  2. I loved getting to know you better! I love that we have this great community to talk books and share our love and passion for reading!

    I love your blog and seeing all of your posts each day Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful for this wonderful community and getting to meet you! It makes me so happy to hear you say that~ Thank you Ali!!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I will send my ARC Fairy over to you on her days off ;) I agree with you on the Blogger owning your blog thing, that scared me too! I love the story behind your name too, it is so personal and fun. I always wondered what the "Pin" part meant, and that is so fun that you were able to incorporate a nickname into it.

    Oh, and I am 100% with you on Sundays! I plan to post and then... not so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing her hahaha! I thought people might wonder what the Pin is but I guess I never had much of a chance to explain it. I think I might have explained it in the About Me but I'm glad I got to clarify it in this post :D

      Delete
  4. I want this ARC fairy too...quite badly. Why is it not a thing yet?!! I loved reading this! ;)) It was great to find out the behind-the-scenes story of your blog! I think your name is super original too and simplistic looks FTW, I say!
    Thanks for helping me spread the word about my name change!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Shannon will send her your way too!! Thanks so much for saying that Cait! It means so much to me that people got to understand my blog and me more with this tag. So thank you so much for creating it :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...