Wednesday, May 13, 2015

WoW #45: Inherit the Stars by Tessa Elwood


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


Inherit the Stars by Tessa ElwoodInherit the Stars
by Tessa Elwood
 December 8, 2015
304 pages

 
Goodreads Summary:
Three royal houses ruling three interplanetary systems are on the brink of collapse, and they must either ally together or tear each other apart in order for their people to survive.

Asa is the youngest daughter of the house of Fane, which has been fighting a devastating food and energy crisis for far too long. She thinks she can save her family’s livelihood by posing as her oldest sister in an arranged marriage with Eagle, the heir to the throne of the house of Westlet. The appearance of her mother, a traitor who defected to the house of Galton, adds fuel to the fire, while Asa also tries to save her sister Wren's life . . . possibly from the hands of their own father.

But as Asa and Eagle forge a genuine bond, will secrets from the past and the urgent needs of their people in the present keep them divided?

Author Tessa Elwood's debut series is an epic romance at heart, set against a mine field of political machinations, space adventure, and deep-seeded family loyalties.
  
Goodreads has this as a standalone right now but it sounds like this is going to be a series? Anyways, I first heard about this book from J @ The Reading Nook Reviews. It just sounds like something I'll love!! Psst it's on NG ;)

What are you guys waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Doesn't it sound good?!? I'm so curious :D

      Delete
  2. Oh! A cover! I have been drooling over this book for a while. It sounds wonderful! I love sci-fi, so I'm always excited for a new space adventure! Excellent pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss the cover came out the day I was drafting this post! You should totally request on NG! I hope you love this :D

      Delete
  3. OOohhh that's a new to me one! Must say I am liking that cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's got this mysterious galactic feel to it :D

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the sound of this! I haven't seen it before, thanks for sharing it. And you've totally tempted me to get it from NG. I've been trying to get through the eARC's I've already got and improve my ratio before I request any more... but I'm so tempted! Hope you love it when you read it :)
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay so happy you like it!!! I have a couple eARCs to get through too before I start on this one. This isn't out until Dec so we still have time ;)

      Delete
  5. got this on NG but still haven't read it yet... although it's pretty tempting. sounds really good.. nice pick! hope you enjoy it ! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks really good! I'm taking my time too since it's not out until Dec :)

      Delete
  6. Did you get it from NetGalley? I'm excited for this one! Though I know I won't read it for months, I'm glad we all had the chance to snag it. I hope you enjoy it when you read it, Eileen!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did!! I was surprised it didn't need to go through approval. Or else I might've been rejected haha. I'm always excited to hear what YOU think :DDD

      Delete
  7. Okay this cover is not so great in my opinion, but the premise sounds awesome!! I really want to read this now. So glad I snagged it on NG ;) Awesome pick!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't love it either but it's kind of growing on me. I like the background though! Makes me want to push the girl aside and get the full picture ;) Hope you love it Rachel!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...