Monday, February 2, 2015

Review: Boomerang (Boomerang #1) by Noelle August


Boomerang by Noelle August
Boomerang (Boomerang #1)
by Noelle August
July 8, 2014
325 pages


Goodreads Summary:
The first book in a sensational New Adult trilogy from Noelle August

Welcome to Boomerang.com, the dating site for the millennial gen with its no-fuss, no-commitments matchups, and where work is steamier than any random hook-up

Mia Galliano is an aspiring filmmaker. Ethan Vance has just played his last game as a collegiate soccer star. They’re sharp, hungry for success, and they share a secret.

Last night, Ethan and Mia met at a bar, and, well . . . one thing led to another, which led to them waking up the next morning—together. Things turned awkward in a hurry when they found themselves sharing a post hookup taxi . . . to the same place: Boomerang headquarters.

What began as a powerful connection between them is treated to a cold shower courtesy of two major complications. First, Boomerang has a strict policy against co-worker dating. And second, they’re now competitors for only one job at the end of summer.

As their internships come to an end, will they manage to keep their eyes on the future and their hands off each other, or will the pull of attraction put them right back where they started?


 
Review

The way the first chapter started had me really excited to keep going. I was ready for some fun times and sexy moments. While I didn't get a lot of those, Boomerang was still a fun NA read. I do wish that the focus was more on the story than the characters though.

Mia is a strong and very capable individual. I love how family-oriented she was while still holding the ambition to become more than her mother's daughter. (Her mother's a very famous painter.) Her parents are encouraging and just so much fun. Mia's family was simply adorable :)

For me, Ethan was a lot less appealing next to Mia. He seemed smoking hot and determined at first but gradually, I became bored with all his indecisions. He was so repetitive. The constant going back and forth between telling himself to focus on getting the job and lusting after Mia was irritating. I didn't really feel Ethan's struggles were authentic at all. He just really needed to man up throughout the story.

Adam was an awesome boss, Mia and Ethan both have the greatest friends and I knew Cookie wasn't as much of a b**** as she was made out to be! One character that I felt was unnecessary was Ethan's ex, Alison. She didn't really contribute anything except drag the story out. I guess she needed an introduction because of the sequel.....

Boomerang has its sexy times and just enough story to keep it interesting. I look forward to reading how Adam's story will play out because Alison?!?! I can't imagine it.


3.5 Cats

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read NA books for a while but I really want to read this just because it's part written by Veronica Rossi.
    It sounds fun and sexy. I hope I can read it soon.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I heard she wrote a NA book I was intrigued! This was a fun read :)

      Delete


  2. Glad you enjoyed the story even though it got repetitive for you. Repetitions are boring. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to smack him and help him make a decision lol!

      Delete
  3. I liked this one, I loved that it wasn't all sexed up like most NA's and that the characters didn't have this tragic past which is so common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true! I wish I liked this one a little bit more.

      Delete
  4. Trust me, Ali will grow on you! I am kind of sad you didn't like this better though, darn it! I hope you like the next one more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to report I do like her in Rebound! Adam and Ali were wonderful haha!

      Delete
  5. Good review that sounded fun...initially, but an indecisive man in real life (YIKES!) is a deal breaker, so I sure don't want him being my forever hero in a book,(lol) so this sounds like a pass. It does sound like the surrounding cast members would be well worth getting to know, possibly in future books. Loved your feedback! Hugs...www.intheknowwithro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's a good thing, his indecisiveness didn't interfere too much with the overall story. I enjoyed Rebound, the next book, a lot more! You should give it a try when it comes out this month :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...