Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WoW #52: The Golden Specific (The Mapmakers Trilogy #2) by S.E. Grove

 
Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


The Golden Specific by S.E. GroveThe Golden Specific
(The Mapmakers Trilogy #2)
by S.E. Grove
July 14, 2015
528 pages

Goodreads Summary:
The eagerly-awaited sequel to the best-selling The Glass Sentence -- a historical, fantastical adventure perfect for fans of Philip Pullman!

It is the summer of 1892, one year since Sophia Tims and her friend Theo embarked upon the dangerous adventure that rewrote the map of the world. Since their return home to Boston, she has continued searching for clues to her parents’ disappearance, combing archives and libraries, grasping at even the most slender leads. Theo has apprenticed himself to an explorer in order to follow those leads across the country—but one after another proves to be a dead end.

Then Sophia discovers that a crucial piece of the puzzle exists in a foreign Age. At the same time, Theo discovers that his old life outside the law threatens to destroy the new one he has built with Sophia and her uncle Shadrack. What he and Sophia do not know is that their separate discoveries are intertwined, and that one remarkable person is part of both.

There is a city that holds all of the answers—but it cannot be found on any map. Surrounded by plague, it can only be reached by a journey through darkness and chaos, which is at the same time the plague’s cure: The Golden Specific.
 
J @ The Reading Nook Reviews introduced me to this series~ I recently bought the first book but I already can't wait for this second one to come out. Did I mention the book is gorgeous? It totally is!! Also if you love maps, you want this one ;)

What are you guys waiting on this week?

13 comments:

  1. I am interested in this one as well! I haven't read The Glass Sentence yet (although it is sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read) but I have a feeling I'm going to like it. I'll hopefully be picking up the sequel soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got it next on my TBR! I hope you love it when you pick it up :)

      Delete
  2. I have yet to start this series but it sounds very interesting! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! That's a totally new to me series! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds thrilling. Hope you get and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the first book in my wish list and I hope I'll get to it eventually! Both covers are so gorgeous! Great pick Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so pretty it's insane haha~ Hope you read it soon Pili <3

      Delete
  6. I hope you'll enjoy this one, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...