Monday, August 8, 2016

Review: The Score (Off-Campus #3) by Elle Kennedy


The Score by Elle KennedyThe Score
(Off-Campus #3)
by Elle Kennedy
January 11, 2016
350 pages


Goodreads Summary:
He knows how to score, on and off the ice

Allie Hayes is in crisis mode. With graduation looming, she still doesn’t have the first clue about what she's going to do after college. To make matters worse, she’s nursing a broken heart thanks to the end of her longtime relationship. Wild rebound sex is definitely not the solution to her problems, but gorgeous hockey star Dean Di-Laurentis is impossible to resist. Just once, though, because even if her future is uncertain, it sure as heck won’t include the king of one-night stands.

It’ll take more than flashy moves to win her over

Dean always gets what he wants. Girls, grades, girls, recognition, girls…he’s a ladies man, all right, and he’s yet to meet a woman who’s immune to his charms. Until Allie. For one night, the feisty blonde rocked his entire world—and now she wants to be friends? Nope. It’s not over until he says it’s over. Dean is in full-on pursuit, but when life-rocking changes strike, he starts to wonder if maybe it’s time to stop focusing on scoring…and shoot for love.

 
 
Review
 
There was so much talk surrounding the Off-Campus series I read it. I read The Deal and The Mistake back to back and basically loved them. So addictive! The Score is just as great.

Dean, the biggest player of them all. I honestly thought his story would be with Sabrina so Allie was a pleasant surprise. She got to know him better than any one, even better than his buddies. I loved that Dean was deeper than he appeared. He never tried to hide who he was. The playboy lifestyle, the devil-may-care attitude were all him but underneath all that he's also smart, gentle and ever so caring. If anyone bothered to look closer at him, they'll see that. Allie saw him.

I strongly admired Allie for knowing exactly what she wanted in her future and fighting hard to make it a reality. She was cautious but unafraid to show her wants and desires. She had her fair share of insecurities and doubts but didn't allow any of it to drag her down or away from her goals. If there was anything I had to pick on to complain about her it was that she was too nice. I was so angry for Allie for some of the things her ex said to her. I guess it's hard when emotions are running high.

Dean and Allie were on fire! Now while I loved their pairing, at first I felt like their attraction was very sudden. Neither of them meant to start anything with each other but after that first night, they couldn't help but want more. This was especially true in Dean's case. I applaud Allie for not giving in whenever Dean used his sweet dirty talks on her. Gradually they clicked. They're compatible in every way. Their attitudes, personalities, and preferences match so well. I love how they put perspective into each other's lives.

That ending is priceless! Who would have thought. LOL. Sorry I can't say anything but if you love the Off-Campus books, read The Score now because what's coming next- you will want to see. Seriously. The Goal.

4 Cats

6 comments:

  1. Great review, Eileen! I just loved Dean and Allie together. And I can't wait for Tucker's book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm a bit scared for Tucker's story but I have no doubt it'll be good!

      Delete
  2. I really love this whole series and love all the books, but my absolute favourite was the first one!!
    Very excited for the 4th book too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I might have to pick up this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it Sierra! It's got the whole deal! (The first book is actually called The Deal ;))

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...