Wednesday, February 21, 2018

WoW #189: Bright Burns the Night (Dark Breaks the Dawn #2) by Sara B. Larson


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


Bright Burns the Night by Sara B. LarsonBright Burns the Night
(Dark Breaks the Dawn #2)
by Sara B. Larson
May 29, 2018
320 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Ten years ago, King Lorcan of the Dark Kingdom Dorjhalon defeated Queen Evelayn and cut her conduit stone from her. Since then, he has kept her trapped in her swan form. With the loss of balance between Dark and Light, winter has descended and the Draíolon of Éadrolan lose more power every day. But once a year, Lorcan transforms her back to her Draíolon form and offers a truce. And every year Evelayn refuses -- for he requires her to Bind herself to him for life.

But now, with an Ancient power bearing down upon them, everything may change. Evelayn will learn that the truths she once believed have shattered, and that she may need her enemies even more than her allies. Lorcan and Evelayn become partners in a desperate quest to return the balance of power to Lachalonia. How far will this partnership go? Can friendship -- perhaps even love -- bloom where hatred has taken root?


Sara B. Larson delivers a thrillingly romantic and hauntingly satisfying end to this extraordinary duology.

 
So I didn't love the first book but I liked it (read my review here) and after reading the above synopsis, I knew I had to see to the end of Evelayn and Lorcan's story!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Haven't read this author yet! Hope you enjoy this installment once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great when a second-book synopsis can tempt us back in, even after a "meh" reading experience!! I hope this one is better for you, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! I'm super excited, I love the enemy-to-lover trope XD Thank you Miss Becky <3

      Delete
  3. I was looking forward to reading this book even though I didn't love book one... now I feel like I've lost interest? But it's a duology series so I feel like I should just finish out the series. Decisions, decisions! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a great week, Eileen. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww understandable! Honestly if it wasn't for that particular synopsis, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to read this second book :P Thanks Alyssa <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...